Stopped unfair regional airport tax
- My tireless campaigning resulted in the Federal Government stopping their regional airport tax. We had 2000 SA regional residents and travellers sign my petition to stop this tax.
- I uncovered that this “Tax” would see flights to regional locations, such as Whyalla, increase by up to $69 per passenger. This would make many regional air routes unviable.
- Now, regional airport security charges will treat regional travellers fairly, no matter what destination they depart from.
- Regional travellers won’t be slugged with unfair fees and regional airlines are in a better position to continue to offer regional flights.
- This is great news for South Australian destinations including Mt Gambier, Kingscote, Whyalla, Port Lincoln and Roxby Downs.